The Green Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Green Forum

The Green Forum for Wild Food, Eco Companies, Sustainability, Vegetable Growing and Medicinal Plants

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Biodegradable Pens

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dawn

Biodegradable Pens Empty
PostSubject: Biodegradable Pens   Biodegradable Pens EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 9:49 am

I discovered Green Pens a few years ago while attending a local trade fair. Ironically, they were being handed out free as a promo by one of the many big oil companies that are moving into this region (and who are not, from what I have seen, doing great things for - or to - the environment). Rolling Eyes

The pens are great! I wish I had taken several. The ones I received were green and looked something like this:

Biodegradable Pens Pen-made-from-corn

They are biodegradable, made of corn plastic. When you have finished with the pen, remove the ink core, and plant the pen! Some companies even order them with an additional cap on the end, which contains a small flower seed (e.g., sunflower, marigold, etc) that can be planted along with the pen.

Here is a short video about the Green Pen:

Here is one online site (based in Canada) where you can purchase these pens:

http://www.grassrootsstore.com/Biodegradable_Corn_Pen_p/1095.htm

The main Green Pen site:

http://www.greenpen.ca/en/index.html

Back to top Go down
olgraybear

Biodegradable Pens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biodegradable Pens   Biodegradable Pens EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 2:28 am

I never heard of such of thing, thats interesting, who'da thunk it, corn plastic

Thats great info, thanks Dawn
Back to top Go down

Biodegradable Pens
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Green Forum :: Green Companies :: Green Products-
Jump to: