The Green Forum

The Green Forum for Wild Food, Eco Companies, Sustainability, Vegetable Growing and Medicinal Plants
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Paramagnetic Rock

Go down 

PostSubject: Paramagnetic Rock   Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:08 pm

this is an excerpt from a post blog from a fella named Calvin Bey, there is also a link provided to read his full bio and thread about paramagnetic rock.

Briefly, he discusses about the typical growing season here where we live but this particular discussion is about a 95 day sweet corn heirloom Country Gentleman,

except quote -
"Here are the results. In three days after planting, the corn was up and it began to grow. In 30 days the corn was 6 feet tall, in 40 days it was 9 feet, in 50 days it was 12 feet, and on the 59th day from planting, we ate sweet corn with a Brix reading of 20. A few days later, the harvested corn had Brix values from 24-30. Any gardener would be happy to have these results. So what is the explanation for my corn reaching maturity in 59 days?
end quote"

the link to the story -
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paramagnetic Rock   Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:19 am

WOw! that sounds like some powerful stuff!

Especially good for places where the season is where I live. Neat!

Thanks for this info!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paramagnetic Rock   Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:49 am

I have taken that leap!
I went down to the local Nitron store (Just the company name) and picked up 50 pounds of paramagnetic rock.
The folks there were nice enough,
It kinda sounds like a lot, but it was only a 5 gallon bucket of mineral.
When I got home with it I really was surprised to the fact that it
really is magnetic. I dropped a magnet into it and rock stuck to it.

It looks like black sand,
They said this mineral was trucked in from Canada,

I have tomatoes and marigolds that are about 2 weeks old that I had started and set out for the fall season, I spread the sand on top of the mulch and watered it in, it measured out to be about a cup around each plant. I use all organic methods of gardening, no commercial or manufactured chemicals or fertilizers. But I have several compost piles of varying ages which is blended in during the initial planting, and then watered in with a compost tea. (How British, eh)

This is essentially day 1 of this venture.

I have found that if you click on the pic, it will enlarge to view better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paramagnetic Rock   

Back to top Go down
Paramagnetic Rock
Page 1 of 1