The Green Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Green Forum

The Green Forum for Wild Food, Eco Companies, Sustainability, Vegetable Growing and Medicinal Plants

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Paramagnetic Rock

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
olgraybear

Paramagnetic Rock Empty
PostSubject: Paramagnetic Rock   Paramagnetic Rock EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 1:08 pm

this is an excerpt from a post blog from a fella named Calvin Bey, there is also a link provided to read his full bio and thread about paramagnetic rock.

Briefly, he discusses about the typical growing season here where we live but this particular discussion is about a 95 day sweet corn heirloom Country Gentleman,

except quote -
"Here are the results. In three days after planting, the corn was up and it began to grow. In 30 days the corn was 6 feet tall, in 40 days it was 9 feet, in 50 days it was 12 feet, and on the 59th day from planting, we ate sweet corn with a Brix reading of 20. A few days later, the harvested corn had Brix values from 24-30. Any gardener would be happy to have these results. So what is the explanation for my corn reaching maturity in 59 days?
end quote"

the link to the story -

http://harmonygardens.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2008-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-06%3A00&updated-max=2009-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-06%3A00&max-results=19
Back to top Go down
MorningSong

MorningSong

Paramagnetic Rock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paramagnetic Rock   Paramagnetic Rock EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 7:19 am

WOw! that sounds like some powerful stuff!

Especially good for places where the season is short...like where I live. Neat!

Thanks for this info!
Back to top Go down
olgraybear

Paramagnetic Rock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paramagnetic Rock   Paramagnetic Rock EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 1:49 am

I have taken that leap!
I went down to the local Nitron store (Just the company name) and picked up 50 pounds of paramagnetic rock.
The folks there were nice enough,
It kinda sounds like a lot, but it was only a 5 gallon bucket of mineral.
When I got home with it I really was surprised to the fact that it
really is magnetic. I dropped a magnet into it and rock stuck to it.

It looks like black sand, Paramagnetic Rock Dsc01814
They said this mineral was trucked in from Canada,

I have tomatoes and marigolds that are about 2 weeks old that I had started and set out for the fall season, I spread the sand on top of the mulch and watered it in, it measured out to be about a cup around each plant. I use all organic methods of gardening, no commercial or manufactured chemicals or fertilizers. But I have several compost piles of varying ages which is blended in during the initial planting, and then watered in with a compost tea. (How British, eh)

This is essentially day 1 of this venture.Paramagnetic Rock Dsc01812

I have found that if you click on the pic, it will enlarge to view better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Paramagnetic Rock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paramagnetic Rock   Paramagnetic Rock Empty

Back to top Go down

Paramagnetic Rock
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Green Forum :: Suggested Reading. Books, websites and references :: Garden Reference Links-
Jump to: