The Green Forum

The Green Forum for Wild Food, Eco Companies, Sustainability, Vegetable Growing and Medicinal Plants

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Making Dandelion Tincture

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Floyd
Admin

PostSubject: Making Dandelion Tincture   Fri May 27, 2011 7:40 pm

On Sunday I collected some dandelions. I collected all of the plant, the flowering tops, the leaves and the root. I cleaned the plant of soil and visitors then cut up the leaves stems, sliced the root, tooked the flowering heads and popped them in an old jam jar. To this I added some Vodka and covered the plant parts til the top then got the bubbles out.
The tincture is now in a dark cupboard next to some ild smelly shoes. It should take around three weeks.

The dandelion tincture can be used for muscle aches and pains, rheumatism, bile stimulant, indigestion urinary antiseptic and a host of other things.
The remaining vodka can be drunk with some tonic and promotes dancing around the room to Abba wearing your underpants on your head at three o clock in the morning!

This mix will then be placed into tincture bottles and should keep for several years. The idea is to build up a medicine cabinet of natural remedies oils and ointments. It is so easy and enjoyable to do. Will post a vid and photos soon.

Have you guys been making your own?
Back to top Go down
http://greenforum.forumotion.co.uk

Making Dandelion Tincture
Page 1 of 1