The Green Forum

The Green Forum for Wild Food, Eco Companies, Sustainability, Vegetable Growing and Medicinal Plants
 
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Introduce yourself!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Floyd
Admin
avatar

Posts : 104
Join date : 2011-05-03
Location : UK

PostSubject: Introduce yourself!   Fri May 06, 2011 1:46 am

Please take a moment to introduce yourself to other forum members.
Back to top Go down
http://greenforum.forumotion.co.uk
Green Grass

avatar

Posts : 46
Join date : 2011-05-06

PostSubject: Hi    Fri May 06, 2011 5:27 am

Green Grass here!

This forum is a great idea. I hope to learn more about Herbs, wild flowers and medicinal uses of plants especially. I have decided to gain knowledge in these interesting areas and look forward to joining in.
Back to top Go down
Floyd
Admin
avatar

Posts : 104
Join date : 2011-05-03
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Fri May 06, 2011 6:38 pm

Green Grass wrote:
Green Grass here!

This forum is a great idea. I hope to learn more about Herbs, wild flowers and medicinal uses of plants especially. I have decided to gain knowledge in these interesting areas and look forward to joining in.


Hi Green Grass and welcome to the forum. Enjoy your stay
Floyd Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://greenforum.forumotion.co.uk
Green Grass

avatar

Posts : 46
Join date : 2011-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Fri May 06, 2011 8:14 pm

thank you Floyd!!
flower
Back to top Go down
Dawn



Posts : 40
Join date : 2011-05-09
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Mon May 09, 2011 12:28 pm

Hi, my name is Dawn and I live in northern British Columbia, Canada. I am relatively new to gardening (5 or 6 years) but learn something new each year! I have a special interest in heirloom flowers and vegetables.

Looking forward to getting to know you on this forum, and to learning new tips that can help me with my gardening adventures! cheers
Back to top Go down
Floyd
Admin
avatar

Posts : 104
Join date : 2011-05-03
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Mon May 09, 2011 8:56 pm

Dawn wrote:
Hi, my name is Dawn and I live in northern British Columbia, Canada. I am relatively new to gardening (5 or 6 years) but learn something new each year! I have a special interest in heirloom flowers and vegetables.

Looking forward to getting to know you on this forum, and to learning new tips that can help me with my gardening adventures! cheers

Welcome Dawn its great to have you here. I am new to this game too but hopefully we can all learn from one another. Well thats the idea anyway. Its a brand new forum so will take a while to get going but I hope it becomes a very useful resource to many in time. Pleas feel free to post your own pics and videos.
Cheers Dawn
Floyd
Back to top Go down
http://greenforum.forumotion.co.uk
silver*

avatar

Posts : 23
Join date : 2011-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Fri May 13, 2011 7:08 am

Hi I am living in scotland and am going for it this years in a much bigger way.I have only a couple of years worth of growing experience ,so a complete novice, but maybe ignorance is bliss Very Happy enjoying playing in the mud anyway
My main interest is organic heirloom veg gardening but really want to learn more about foraging and medicinal herbs .I have planted some in the garden converting a drab piece of front lawn into something a bit more interesting.
looking forward to learning more about how everyone gardens

silver*
Back to top Go down
Floyd
Admin
avatar

Posts : 104
Join date : 2011-05-03
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Fri May 13, 2011 7:43 pm

silver* wrote:
Hi I am living in scotland and am going for it this years in a much bigger way.I have only a couple of years worth of growing experience ,so a complete novice, but maybe ignorance is bliss Very Happy enjoying playing in the mud anyway
My main interest is organic heirloom veg gardening but really want to learn more about foraging and medicinal herbs .I have planted some in the garden converting a drab piece of front lawn into something a bit more interesting.
looking forward to learning more about how everyone gardens

silver*

Good Morning Silver and welcome.
Indeed it is the foraging and medicinal plants that im finding intersting and enjoyable at the moment. I am trying to post my own photos and will upload some videos I have done in this area. Im new to it but getting all the info in one place may be a good idea. Please post any photos and vids you have. The idea is we have a practical interchange of ideas. Its early days yet but I hope this forum becomes a useful resource in the future.
Say hello to Scotland for me...its been several years
Welcome
Floyd
Back to top Go down
http://greenforum.forumotion.co.uk
silver*

avatar

Posts : 23
Join date : 2011-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Fri May 13, 2011 8:47 pm

cheers floyd sunny
Back to top Go down
Green Grass

avatar

Posts : 46
Join date : 2011-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Fri May 13, 2011 8:47 pm

silver* wrote:
Hi I am living in scotland and am going for it this years in a much bigger way.I have only a couple of years worth of growing experience ,so a complete novice, but maybe ignorance is bliss Very Happy enjoying playing in the mud anyway
My main interest is organic heirloom veg gardening but really want to learn more about foraging and medicinal herbs .I have planted some in the garden converting a drab piece of front lawn into something a bit more interesting.
looking forward to learning more about how everyone gardens

silver*

Welcome to the forum Silver!
It is nice to see that you are growing medicinal herbs in your garden. I am also trying to learn about medicinal herbs and foraging. Wink

flower flower flower
Back to top Go down
Green Grass

avatar

Posts : 46
Join date : 2011-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Fri May 13, 2011 8:53 pm

Dawn wrote:
Hi, my name is Dawn and I live in northern British Columbia, Canada. I am relatively new to gardening (5 or 6 years) but learn something new each year! I have a special interest in heirloom flowers and vegetables.

Looking forward to getting to know you on this forum, and to learning new tips that can help me with my gardening adventures! cheers

Welcome to the Forum Dawn!!
It seems that you are quite experienced in gardening. Please feel free to post as much as you can in this area. You can post your own videos and also use photos. We are here to learn from each other!!
I can tell you that compare to you I am a real novice!!
bounce bounce

flower flower flower
Back to top Go down
silver*

avatar

Posts : 23
Join date : 2011-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Sat May 14, 2011 1:59 am

thanks for your welcome green grass
this is what I planted up herb wise bought as plug plants from http://www.herbalhaven.com/ They have a short medicinal uses discription for each plant .Would use them again.Usually like to grow from seed but just wanted to get things going
Bay
Bergamot
Chamomile - Roman
Tea tree
Thyme
Thyme - wild creeping
Anise Hyssop
Lemon verbena
Mustard
Bugle - Bronze
Chicory
Valerian
Yarrow
Meadowsweet
Wild Garlic
ok so I dont buy shoes I buy garden stuff Very Happy flower
maybe should post this in herb section ?
Back to top Go down
Green Grass

avatar

Posts : 46
Join date : 2011-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Mon May 16, 2011 10:37 pm

Thank you Silver!
Yes you are right it would be useful if you could also post that information in the herb section.!!
It would be lovely if we can create a database of herbs with actions/uses and also how to grow them. Also if you have any clinical experience with those herbs it would be lovely to know. Please post it in the herb section.

At the moment I am growing Yarrow, Anise Hyssop, thyme and oregan....plus a few more common stuff like tomatoes..hehheheehe

I am planning to buy a nice chunk of medicinal herb seeds which grow basically in Europe. I am planning to have at least the seeds of 40 medicinal plants. Later, after studying a little, I will include some medicinal herbs from America..(If I can find them, he he).

Thank you for the link from herbal haven. I will have a look at it!!


flower flower flower Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MorningSong

avatar

Posts : 22
Join date : 2011-05-18
Age : 54
Location : Lombardy, Italy

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Wed May 18, 2011 9:05 pm

Hello All!

Greetings from the central Italian Alps!

I'm an American-born botanical biologist and English as a Second Language Instructor here in the Italian Alps. My love for flora and fauna has brought me here, and I am greatly looking forward to sharing lots of wonderful info on how to take care of ourselves, taking care of Gaia, as far as that is possible by our own individual means.

My main intrests lie in gardening, medicinal plants, aromatherapy and alternative medicine-must have something to do with my Cherokee heritage as my great-grandmother was a Medicine Woman!

So, I'm ready to take on this internet adventure with you, Floyd, et. al. Sounds fun!
Back to top Go down
Floyd
Admin
avatar

Posts : 104
Join date : 2011-05-03
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Wed May 18, 2011 9:19 pm

MorningSong wrote:
Hello All!

Greetings from the central Italian Alps!

I'm an American-born botanical biologist and English as a Second Language Instructor here in the Italian Alps. My love for flora and fauna has brought me here, and I am greatly looking forward to sharing lots of wonderful info on how to take care of ourselves, taking care of Gaia, as far as that is possible by our own individual means.

My main intrests lie in gardening, medicinal plants, aromatherapy and alternative medicine-must have something to do with my Cherokee heritage as my great-grandmother was a Medicine Woman!

So, I'm ready to take on this internet adventure with you, Floyd, et. al. Sounds fun!

Welcome MorningSong.
You are very welcome as are your botanical skills and Know how. Sounds like you will be able too share much which is great so we look forward to that.
Very best wishes to you, its good to have you with us and join in the fun.
Floyd
Back to top Go down
http://greenforum.forumotion.co.uk
Floyd
Admin
avatar

Posts : 104
Join date : 2011-05-03
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Wed May 18, 2011 9:24 pm

Can I just also add, that I am hoping members can send in their own videos and photographs of flowers, vegetables, remedies etc. So if you have some or wish to make some please do send them in and I will add them to the website.
Cheers
Floyd
Back to top Go down
http://greenforum.forumotion.co.uk
Green Grass

avatar

Posts : 46
Join date : 2011-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Wed May 18, 2011 9:48 pm

MorningSong wrote:
Hello All!

Greetings from the central Italian Alps!

I'm an American-born botanical biologist and English as a Second Language Instructor here in the Italian Alps. My love for flora and fauna has brought me here, and I am greatly looking forward to sharing lots of wonderful info on how to take care of ourselves, taking care of Gaia, as far as that is possible by our own individual means.

My main intrests lie in gardening, medicinal plants, aromatherapy and alternative medicine-must have something to do with my Cherokee heritage as my great-grandmother was a Medicine Woman!

So, I'm ready to take on this internet adventure with you, Floyd, et. al. Sounds fun!

WoW! what an introduction MorningSong!!
Wellcome to the forum!!!
I am very interested in medicinal plants so it would really be very useful if you share your Cherokee knowledge with us!!
Please do not be shy and post as much as you like. If you also want to make some home videos you are more than welcome!!
We are here to learn from each other and have fun!!
bounce bounce bounce
flower flower flower
Back to top Go down
Dawn



Posts : 40
Join date : 2011-05-09
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Thu May 19, 2011 3:03 pm

Floyd wrote:
Can I just also add, that I am hoping members can send in their own videos and photographs of flowers, vegetables, remedies etc. So if you have some or wish to make some please do send them in and I will add them to the website.

I plan on borrowing my BF's digital camera and taking pictures as my things start to grow. So far, all I have are a few seedlings (tomatoes and squash) indoors. And 15 minutes ago, I discovered that two beans have sprouted out in the garden (Canadian Wild Goose bean and an Orca bean). Woohoo! I had to resist the urge to "help" them along by uncovering them more. *L*
Back to top Go down
Floyd
Admin
avatar

Posts : 104
Join date : 2011-05-03
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Thu May 19, 2011 7:08 pm

Dawn wrote:
Floyd wrote:
Can I just also add, that I am hoping members can send in their own videos and photographs of flowers, vegetables, remedies etc. So if you have some or wish to make some please do send them in and I will add them to the website.

I plan on borrowing my BF's digital camera and taking pictures as my things start to grow. So far, all I have are a few seedlings (tomatoes and squash) indoors. And 15 minutes ago, I discovered that two beans have sprouted out in the garden (Canadian Wild Goose bean and an Orca bean). Woohoo! I had to resist the urge to "help" them along by uncovering them more. *L*

Good stuff.
Cheers Dawn


banana dark hair banana colours banana split
Back to top Go down
http://greenforum.forumotion.co.uk
mudra

avatar

Posts : 7
Join date : 2011-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:46 am

Hello mudra here from Belgium .
Good to see you all sunny
My experience with growing vegetables is brand new.
It begun a few ago in the middle of the city on my balconies .
I am enjoying it a lot . It's all taking off nicely .
What really interests me is permaculture . That's where my dreams take me.

Love from me
mudra
Back to top Go down
Floyd
Admin
avatar

Posts : 104
Join date : 2011-05-03
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:01 pm

Belgium..The land of the potato chip and chocolates. Welcome Mudra.
I for one am in the same boat when it comes to starting up. I guess that's why we are here.
Welcome aboard and have fun. Good to see you here.
Floyd
Back to top Go down
http://greenforum.forumotion.co.uk
Dawn



Posts : 40
Join date : 2011-05-09
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:15 am

Not an introduction, but I just wanted to pop in and say hello! The weather has been uncharacteristically mild in northern BC this winter, and I have spent the last hour poking through my favourite (and recently updated...wooohooo! Very Happy ) heirloom seeds stores online. I know Spring is a long way off, but I am already yearning to plant things.

I hope everyone is well and look forward to reading your posts when gardening season picks up again.

Merry Christmas! santa

Dawn
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   

Back to top Go down
 
Introduce yourself!
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Green Forum :: Welcome :: Introductions-
Jump to: